Pages

Fresh Therapies Eden Natural Nail Polish Remover

Tuesday 7 February 2012

Last year I went to the HPM Social blogging conference where I picked up some useful newbie blogger tips. I also picked up a goodie bag containing a sample vial of a completely natural nail varnish remover, which I promptly put in a drawer for safekeeping and forgot about. Like Alice In Wonderland, BB's curious mind seems to think that minature bottles of unidentifiable liquid are for his consumption. Imagined conversation as he prepares to tip it down the hatch: 'Ooh, look mummy!! A tiny baby boc-boc of water. Can I drink it?' NOOOOOooooooo!!!!

Smells like clean spirit: a new, natural
take on nail varnish remover

Visions of my overactive imagination aside, I've been meaning to put Fresh Therapies to the test. So this morning I dug the vial out of the drawer. And you know what? It really, actually works. Moreover, it's a pleasure to use. Pleasure and nail polish remover being four words that rarely sit in the same sentence together.

I've never previously questioned if nail varnish could be shifted with something less chemically abrasive and nostril affronting than highstreet formulas. Heck, I've even bought huge bottles of acetone-laden remover for £1. I just took it as read that the tough stuff was what was needed when actually, Eden fares almost as well on performance using vegetable derived solvents and conditioning citrus oils.

2 1/2 passes per nail removed all trace of
Illamasqua nail varnish in strike.
middle nail shows one swipe

I say almost, because it did take me two and a half swipes - to be precise - of each nail barring the little fingernails, to completely remove all traces of varnish. BUT, the lovely (yes, lovely), fresh lime and lemongrass scent and the fact that my bare nails looked shiny and moisturised - rather than brittle and scuffed - definitely made the extra couple of minutes work worth it.

£9.95 for 50ml of nail polish remover (no matter how stylish and appealing the packaging), is a price-point I've never considered paying for a product I tend to view as a basic essential. Then, there's the fact that a natural, water-clear liquid that effectively removes nail varnish sounds almost too good to be true. But here's the thing. It is good and it is true and you don't have to take my word for it. To try for yourself, visit www.freshtherapies.com click on 'products' and you'll see the link to order a free sample. I'd love to hear what you think x

No comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs