Pages

Eye Candy

Saturday 17 September 2011

They're mine, all mine


Maybe I've been hard-wired to squeal at the sight of macarons; beauty editors are, after all, gifted with more than they can shake a stick at. Still, they remain - to my mind at least - the most luxurious, high-days and holidays treat. This limited edition LadurĂ©e/Matthew Williamson collaboration - to coincide with London Fashion Week - is the ultimate in gourmande glamour. Printed with Williamson's iconic, hand-illustrated butterfly wing design, the coffret (could there be a chicer word for gift box?), holds 8 delish macarons available in dreamy flavours such as; salted caramel, blackcurrant violet, black forest and Madagascar chocolate. At £14.10 for 8 (eek!), I intend to savour them with Earl Grey tea, alone and in absolute silence. The husband gets After Eights. 


LadurĂ©e can be found at: Burlington Arcade, Covent Garden and Harrods. http://www.laduree.fr/en/scene

2 comments:

Jacqui Paterson said...

One word - Yum! I had afternoon tea at Laduree on the Champs-Elysees, and I'm still dreaming about their DIVINE passionfruit mille feuille pastries two years later...

Hannah Adams said...

Ooh, how lovely :) So very decadent but I did eek my last box out over a whole week. And, darn it, we all deserve a treat ;)

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs